Friday, October 23, 2015

Day 2!

Day 2 Foods and Reviews

I'm still alive! The food has been great so far, and I actually got really full last night for dinner. The tough part of the day is from about 2-5, so I think I'll have my Nutri Crush then today and see if that makes things a little better. It's really not that bad though. I will need to do some more grocery shopping, because when 2 people need 4 servings of veggies per day, that's a lot of veggies! I have some for today, but then after I get the frozen food, I'll go shopping. I'm not sure how much room the frozen food will take up, but I love roasting frozen veggies, so I hope there is still room for some veggies. So, here we go with Day 2!

Breakfast: Lemon Blueberry Bar
Verdict: Meh. At first, I hated it. The more I ate, the better it got. It had a nice flavor with oatmeal texture. The whole thing was just a little too dry. The real blueberries helped out some, but it was just a little to crumbly. I might get this one again if I get tired of others.

8oz Skim milk: Yum!


Lunch: Mexican Style Tortilla Soup/raw carrots
Verdict: Decent! For the most part, I loved it. There was just one flavor in there that I wasn't crazy about...maybe it just tasted a little like dehydrated then rehydrated stuff. Anyway, I added a T of sour cream to it which cooled it off spice wise and made it a little creamier. I would do this again!

8oz Skim milk: Had this serving with coffee and SF caramel flavor...Yummo!

Nutri Crush Chocolate Shake
Verdict: Yummy again! I look forward to this one!

Dinner: Chicken Enchilada/roasted carrots
Verdict: Enchilada = Amazing! Rice = not so much. This was my first frozen meal, and it really wasn't that much different than the shelf stable foods. It was a tad spicy, so I added a little sour cream again. I probably shouldn't get into that habit, but I don't think it'll throw me off that much. I would get it again, but I'm hoping there is another mexican meal that will fill my huge mexican food void! I can always eat mexican food! Roasted carrots for my veg...yum! 

Day 2 is done! Food is still good, and I'm feeling great! The best thing about this diet is all the veggies I have to eat. I'm hoping it'll get easier as the time goes on. So far so good! On to Day 3 tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment