Monday, October 26, 2015

Day 5! Over half way done!

Day 5 Foods and Reviews

WE ARE OVER HALFWAY DONE WITH THIS BEGINNING WEEK!!

Breakfast: Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bar
Verdict: Smaller than others I've seen, but yummy. Very oatmealy and chocolaty! 

8oz Skim milk: Yum!

Lunch: White Bean Chicken Chili/Leftover roasted green beans
Verdict: SPICY! Whew! I added a T of sour cream to cool off the heat, but ended up adding another. It was okay, but a little too spicy!

8oz Skim milk: Tried Trader Joe's coffee...it's very course ground and made very weak coffee. Drank it anyway!

Nutri Crush Chocolate Shake
Verdict: Made it thicker than usual...will probably stick to the normal directions next time.

Dinner: Chicken Parmesan Pasta/Roasted sugar snap peas and raw carrots
Verdict: Ugh. Tonight was rough. The peas were pretty disgusting. I ate about half of them and then had some carrots. The pasta wasn't the grossest thing I've eaten, but it is in the bottom somewhere. Mushy pasta, weird chicken and sauce that was just a little to processed. But, you can't aways have winners! 

Tomorrow is Day 6, and then next is Day 7! By the time Day 8 rolls around, I'll be so glad to put some fruit and other carbs into my mouth! This has been tough, but not impossible. Today was one of the harder days. I'm not a fan of having a granola bar for breakfast...it didn't fill me up as much as the muffins and other things. Hubs had a bar for lunch and he said the same thing. I'll probably try to stick to non-bar type foods if possible. But hey, it's teaching us proper portion control and getting us off super bad for you foods. It's worth it!

The Martian is awesome. I'm about 3.5 hours into the audio book, and I just started the other day. It's one of the best books I've ever read!

No comments:

Post a Comment